X30 Feature Request

Started Jan 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 13,387Gear list
Like?
Re: X30 Feature Request
In reply to silps, 8 months ago

Now that I have this idea that I have my X10 optimized, I am thinking that under the best configurations for each of the X10 and the X20, there is very little to distinguish one from the other. The much-vaunted X-Trans system in the X-20 may not be the best game in town, in the long run.

Anyhow, an X30 would absolutely benefit the most from having a backside-illuminated 1" sensor like the RX100 II. But with lower MP. I'm thinking a new BI version of the 1" Aptina sensor which is used in the Nikon 1 system.

Problem #1 with this of course is the lens, which would be about 50% larger, necessitating a move of the OVF to the extreme corner of the camera ala NEX-7.

Add maybe $150 to the selling price but wow, the improved low-light and noise performance will make this new "X30" really worthwhile.

Viva la X30!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow