I was told I would get a nasty suprise...

Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,839
Like?
I was told I would get a nasty suprise...
Dec 18, 2013

I was told by someone on this site that people who use phones to take pictures are in for a nasty surprise. That you can't print big and the IQ makes it not worth taking the picture. I took the below pictures this morning because I did not have my DSLR. But the nasty surprise was the person on this site was wrong. It was worth taking the picture and when I printed it at 8.5x11, it printed very well. I was trying to get a picture of the bird on the lamp post, and at this size you cant see it but if you look at the full size you can see it, what a pleasant surprise.

My Note 3 has the smallest sensor of phones, it is 13mp which means the sensor pixels are too small to be useful and is terrible for just about everything, or so I am told. But I found that it does a good job. As sensors get bigger and lenses on phones get better, I can only believe the images will get better. And as they get better the ground phones cover between the phone camera and the DSLR will only increase.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow