Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Identity
Contributing MemberPosts: 954
Like?
X-E1 with 18-55 for $799 - just do it?
7 months ago

My local camera shop has a single X-E1 on clearance for $799 with the 18-55 lens. I've lusted after the Fuji X cameras since they were introduced, and for that price, it's almost a free camera with a very nice lens!

I'm slightly concerned about autofocus speed and viewfinder lag. I don't shoot sports, mostly kids, family, candids, and landscapes, and am just starting out part-time doing portrait photography. I'm also going to want a decent flash setup (including off-camera) after I scrape up some more funds  

Am I going to regret going with a Fuji X camera altogether, or not going for the currently much more expensive X-E2? Note that I use an NEX-F3 currently and find it sufficiently speedy for the most part.

So, should I just go for it and spend my Xmas bonus on the X-E1? $799 just seems too good to pass up! I have to decide soon since it's the last one... just sitting there... waiting for someone to take her home...

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow