Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr.NoFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 2,112Gear list
Like?
Allow Fourthirds SLR lenses on micro4/3 cameras in the Oly SLR Talk
7 months ago

The Olympus E-M1 is the official successor of the Oly E-5 SLR and there will be no more Oly SLRs.

Oly SLR owners are used to post in the Oly SLR forum, and now when they update their camera to the successor of the Oly=Fourthirds SLRs, the E-M1, will have to move to the m43 forum.

The consequence will be: in a few years the Oly SLR talk will slow down to a few posts a week and will just be a dead forum which consumes space in the menu.

I ask that if SLR/Fourthirds lenses are used on Microfourthirds cameras, ( that is equal to:

if Microfourthirds cameras are used with Fourthirds lenses and the adapter, ) it should be officially be allowed to post in the Oly SLR Talk.

Inofficially this already possible but it should be allowed officially with the following change:

Old description of the forum "Welcome to the Olympus SLR Talk Forum, the place to discuss Olympus E series digital SLR cameras and lenses (Micro Four Thirds models should be discussed on the Micro Four Thirds Talk forum)"

** Change this description to: "Welcome to the Olympus SLR Talk Forum, the place to discuss Olympus E series digital SLR cameras or Fourthirds SLR lenses on Micro Four Thirds cameras ( m43 cameras used with Micro Four Thirds lenses should be discussed on the Micro Four Thirds Talk forum)"

My suggestion is roughly equal to goblin`s post Reply to Moderators answer to thoughts of a longest term Oly E-X user

Because new m43 users which do not come from Oly SLRs will usually only buy m43 lenses, they can stay at their m43 forum they like. My suggestion only affects those who own 4/3 lenses and the 4/3-m43-adapter.

Thanks for reading this - users who support ** my suggestion, perhaps you can push the Like button.

Mr.NoFlash's gear list:Mr.NoFlash's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Leica Digilux 3 Samsung NX300
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow