Sony HVL-F60M External Flash worth the cost and issues?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Myndz Eye
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Sony HVL-F60M External Flash worth the cost and issues?
11 months ago

Hey Sony-ites,

I’m contemplating an external flash for my a77 and in my search I’ve read some overheating issues with the newer HVL-F60M model. That concerns me based on the simple fact that flash isn’t exactly on the cheaper end of the cost spectrum for me. Would suck buying a costly item (to me) only to have it overheat.

Wondering what you folks are using - whether it’s a Sony or third party and what are the advantages of staying with a Sony flash vs. third party. Am I able to shoot TTL, HSS with a third party unit?

According to the Sony site as of today there’s the HVL-F20M, HVL-F60M and the HVL-F43M available for purchase.

Thanks for your help

-- hide signature --

[disclaimer] if my inquiries are repeats and have been previously discussed I may have searched incorrectly. Just picked up an a77 as of 5/20/12 please bear with me as I get more efficient and competent with this great digi-cam.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow