Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mshetzer
Contributing MemberPosts: 515
Like?
Bald Eagles, Eagles and more Eagles - Nikon D4
7 months ago

After years of enjoyment of my D300 (DX crop), and waiting and waiting for the D400, I finally bought a D4 last year for my eagle photography. I thought I wanted the 1.5 crop of the D300 and was holding out the next generation crop body from Nikon. As we all know, it still hasn't been produced.

I have been having a great time with my D4, and I get to shoot more due to the high ISO and don't go home when the light is too low. If Nikon came out with a D400 today, I would stick with my D4.

Here are a couple of images from last month up in Alaska during the Bald Eagle migration. I've spent the last 5 Novembers up here, and can't think of anything more enjoyable to do with my time.

All images are from a D4 and 500mm f/4 combo.  (who needs the 800mm)

Here is the full eagle gallery if you are addicted to these amazing birds as I am:

http://shetzers.com/photo-galleries-and-images/bald-eagles-of-alaska/

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/1000sec, Aperture f/5, ISO1600, Exposure Program Manual Mode

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/100sec, Aperture f/16, ISO1000, Exposure Program Manual Mode

-- hide signature --

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/1250sec, Aperture f/8, ISO400, Exposure Program Manual Mode

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/1000sec, Aperture f/5.6, ISO1000, Exposure Program Manual Mode

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/1250sec, Aperture f/5.6, ISO1000, Exposure Program Manual Mode

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/640sec, Aperture f/6.3, ISO2500, Exposure Program Manual Mode

The Technical Details: Camera NIKON D4, Focal Length 500mm, Shutter Speed 1/1000sec, Aperture f/5, ISO1600, Exposure Program Manual Mode

Matt Shetzer
Checkout my portfolio at:
http://Shetzers.com
"Shetzers Photography" on facebook
D4, 16-35mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm, 105mm macro, 200-400mm, 500mm

Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow