How Many Of You Use the TCON 1.7 On the FZ200?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StorrsCT
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
How Many Of You Use the TCON 1.7 On the FZ200?
8 months ago

I guess the title sums it up pretty well. I don't want to start a flame war here. I'm just curious if many people use the oly 17 on their 200's, or if it's more of a bother than it's worth to carry.

I realize it poses some advantages over cropping, but still adds glass, and thus some inherent flaws. I personally find that even though I carry it with me, I just can't decide if it's worth it or not. The view extension is great, but the adapter and lens add quite a bit of bulk to a camera that is supposed to be relatively compact and light. Having to remove it, and the lens extension, is also a bit of a hassle, compared to how swapping a dslr lens is.

Do many of you find that it's a good attachment to keep on your camera, or more of niche use for tripod only shots? Do you crop just as well, or do you find the 1.7 a good tool to carry with you?

StorrsCT's gear list:StorrsCT's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow