Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
This thread is locked.
BillSprague
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
No spare batteries for new GX7!!!!
9 months ago

The DMW-BLG10 battery, listed in the instructions for my GX7 that is still under the tree, is unavailable or discontinued.

It can't be ordered at www.shop.panasonic.

I started a Panasonic support chat. I was directed to 800-332-5368 for US Parts and Accessories. They were quick to answer and said there are 400 on back order with no delivery estimate. They would not offer a substitute. The price would be $60 if they did have one.

B&H shows them as "discontinued" and is selling the "Watson" brand as a replacement for $25 with a lower mAh rating.

Amazon does not have it. There are a couple of Amazon contractors that have substitute brands. One is "Halciyon" and another is "Power2000". One option is a two battery kit with charger for $24.

Adorama wants $50 and says, "Please note: This item is currently back-ordered by the manufacturer. Although we have no estimated time of arrival for this item, you can order it now and it will ship as soon as it arrives. Your card will only be charged once item is shipped."

Some say in various places that a Panasonic DMW-BLE9 from another camera works, but it has a little less mAh than the standard BLG10.

I guess I'll just have to see how long a single battery lasts and quit shooting when dead!

-- hide signature --

Bill Sprague

BillSprague's gear list:BillSprague's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow