Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661Gear list
Like?
Looking for an old E-420 article about button colors and color blindness
9 months ago

I am looking for an old article (or Oly press release ?).

I am sure I saw it here on DPReview back in the time, and yet I can't find it: a small demonstration, with pictures, of why the color of the button graphics changed from the E-420 on. The reason was that blue on black is way easier to see by people with most types of color blindness, compared to the previous coloring schemes (green on grey mostly).

A google search returns a lot of mentions about the E-420 and E-520, but just in a couple of lines, without further details or pictures.

Yet I do remember the article was giving a detailed explanation of what was done and why, with several examples of the buttons color corrected to what a color blind person would see, depending on the different types of color blindness.

Thanks in advance

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Olympus E-420 Olympus E-520
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow