Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wbb56
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
X100s or X20?
7 months ago

I have an aging, but capable Nikon D40 with a nice set of lenses that I use primarily for sports photography (my daughter's soccer games, etc)-and some portrait shots.

My Canon S110 does well as take anywhere, pocket camera.

I'm looking for a high quality compact camera specifically for indoor and low-light photography.

The reviews of the X100s are outstanding--and it seems like the perfect camera for indoor, low light, carrying light, family photos, etc.. However, it is kind of pricey. The X20, while not quite as wonderful (based on reviews) is much affordable--and close to the budget I had in mind,

However, I don't want to spend less only to be disappointed. (As I was recently trying to use both the D40 and S110 at my daughter's birthday party inside a skating rink. All kinds of crazy lighting. Fast moving kids. Neither camera-nor the photographer--did a very good job!.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Billy

wbb56's gear list:wbb56's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow