Price Drop ($672) for GR but not Coolpix A

Started Dec 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,660Gear list
Like?
Re: GR ... going, going ...
In reply to Harold66, Dec 18, 2013

Harold66 wrote:

The GR(D) line has always had about an 18 month lifecycle. We should not see a new one any time soon and I personally have no idea what they could improve - the camera is that good. In my view adding more focal lengths would be the best new thing for the line.

Yes I agree. for me a ricoh GR with an optional latest generation EPSON EVF ( same one as the one in the omd em1) and a 2/40mm equivalent would probably cover 90% of my travel and street shooting

I would love if they add either a high quality EVF or a tilt screen; but I guess both would make the GR significantly larger with current technology, so they don't fit the concept well (but an add-on viewfinder does not fit well either, IMHO).

For me the 2.8/28mm equiv. lens is excellent, no need to change that (maybe 2.0/35mm equiv. would be acceptable, but definitely not longer).

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$635New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow