Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtr27
Regular MemberPosts: 329
Like?
NEX owner upgrading to.... NEX
Dec 18, 2013

As an NEX-5n owner, I've been watching prices on used NEX-6 and NEX-7 bodies on Ebay for a while, and they seem to be trending slowly downward, as more and more folks upgrade to A7/A7r and sell off their old gear.

I recently put in my "buy it now" order for a nice (but not perfect) NEX-7 body for $650.

I am sure I could have paid less, had I done some bidding instead of using "buy it now." But like a kid in a candy store, once I put the money together I couldn't wait.

Recently I have seen bidding for a few NEX-7 bodies top otu at low $600s or even high $500s, the condition, shutter count, and bundled accessories of course also being factors.

Mine has not arrived yet, but I expect it within the next day or so.

I'm on the fence about selling the 5n, once I've settled into using the 7. At the moment, I am inclined not to. It isn't worth a great deal, and it is very well used, and it keeps on turning out very pleasing (to me, at least) images.

Perhaps there is an A7 or A7r (or one of their inevitable descendants) in my future someday. Just too expensive for me right now, and meanwhile, I am still excited about photography, every time I take the little NEX out to play.

Happy holidays!

Jonathan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtr27/

NEX-5n, Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.7

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow