Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,379Gear list
Like?
Christmas Lights - Proving to be a challenge
9 months ago

Early next week I'll be back home in the cold Midwest for Christmas with much of my family.

I want to get some nice shots of Christmas lights with snow. I've been practicing this month and although I've gotten a few decent shots, in general I have not been happy with my progress.

What I am posting below is a five exposure merge followed by the five shots I merged to produce it. While there are certainly other issues I am particularly bothered by the plastic look in the leaves of the trees.

I'm running out of time to get my act together so any help would certainly be appreciated. In case you don't know I'm using the E-M1 and 12-40. I also have the 50-200.

I know that these types of shots are best done at the Blue Hour but I'll only have a couple of days to shoot, if that, and I don't want to be limited to just one or two photos.

Lightrooom processed merge of the five exposures below

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow