ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grogly
Contributing MemberPosts: 558Gear list
Like?
5D Mark III, totally bonkers
11 months ago

Hi All,

I have finally joined the full frame club. I must be totally nuts but I just snagged a refurbished 5DIII using the Canon Loyalty Program. I have been shooting cropped format for nearly a decade and while I loved using a 20D and 7D, something was just missing for me. When I would looked at my old film images, there was some quality about them that made them more appealing/interesting. I suspect that is the depth of field coming into play but it I think it is more than just that. Focal length and field of view might have more to do with what I am trying to get at.

In any event. I am so excited to move on back to the 35mm format. It will be interesting to see if I can get the same sort of feel I am talking about with digital (maybe it is really a film thing?).

I also bought a refurbished (I am on a budget) 17-40mm f/4 L lens. The wife and I are going to Hawaii next May to celebrate 35 years together and this camera and lens I hope to be my primary combo for that trip.

Now I just need to figure out how to sell off my cropped format stuff (I am really unhappy to let my 17-55mm f/2.8 lens go, just an awesome lens).

Sorry for the long post but really am excited!

-- hide signature --

Rod,
Photographic hack since 1969.
Samples of my favorite images can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grogley/collections/72157600201558641/

Grogly's gear list:Grogly's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +9 more
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow