ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GBJ
GBJ
Regular MemberPosts: 180
Like?
Question for photo editors...jpg edits vs Raw edits
Dec 18, 2013

Unfortunately, I shot a number of photos, in jpg only, on my D700 camera. OOPS! I usually shoot in Raw plus Jpg, so I had to edit the jpg version.

I did multiply edits and saves, and I know this has destructive results on the quality of the file, in terms of appearance of the photo. The photos, I edited and saved numberous times.

The question is, I used Photoshop CS6 to do the editing. I would save the files and then view them in ViewNX. The photo appearances looked very similar when viewed in Photoshop and ViewNX, as far as color, and detail.

The problem is, and I am wondering why... I copied and pasted the edited photos into a file in 'My Pictures' section of my computer, and when I viewed them there, using ACDSEE, the poor photo results showed up there.

It seems like for some reason, that the flatness of color and detail of the edited jpgs were only visible there. Do you know why this would be? Why would the poor results of the editing saves not show up in Photoshop and ViewNX?

Hope that someone has some input with this experience.

Thanks for any information if you are willing to share.

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow