Price Drop ($672) for GR but not Coolpix A

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Andrewteee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,406Gear list
Like?
Re: GR ... going, going ...
In reply to photoreddi, 10 months ago

photoreddi wrote:

It's hard to tell whether the GR was a big success or not much of a success, despite a general assumption that it was selling well. But the GR LE was supposedly limited to 5,000 copies, worldwide, sold directly by Pentax/Ricoh. Yet after a month they started appearing from many camera dealers in the USA, Canada and the UK, so unless Ricoh wasn't being honest and produced more than the claimed 5,000, the GR LE didn't sell as well as Ricoh assumed it would.

From what I've seen the GR brought in more new Ricoh camera buyers than previous GRD models. It has always been a niche camera, but my assumption is that the GR is more successful than the previous models. Has it peaked or plateaued... I don't know.

I saw the GR LE and did not like it. I can see why it may not sell well.

By looks alone, maybe. Its grip is less than wonderful, smooth and not as 'grippy' as the other GR models. But this wouldn't be known, really, while it was only available for about a month as a pre-order from Ricoh/Pentax.

I bought the GR LE and received it so I've tried it. Meh.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Pentax K-3 Nikon Df +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$635New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow