ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Titus Tucan
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM versus Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L COMPARISON
7 months ago

Hi everyone,

When the tests for the new Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM appeared, I tried to see the comparison with the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L. Unfortunately the test for the Canon 24-105 is made on the 5D MKII, and the Sigma 24-105 on the 5D MKIII. THIS IS KIND OF STUPID ! We should be able to see a comparison apples to apples, not apples to peaches.

I'm a bit disappointed by the way DPreview is comparing lenses.

I really like the DPreview graphical way to present in parallel the test parameters of 2 compared lenses, it is much much better than the way DxO is presenting their test results.

BUT again, this is absolutely useless if we cannot compare 2 lenses on the same camera model.

I can see that the test data DPreview is using is provided by DxO, and I checked on the DxO site. DxO seems to have the two above mentioned lenses tested BOTH on the 5D MKIII camera.

I AM ADDRESSING NOW to the DPreview people who are making this beautiful site, and who should be watching and reading once in a while this forum!

Why DPreview comparison cannot present the test data on the same camera (5D MKIII is a pretty popular one)? I think there a lot of people like me, interested to see this possible, and guys please support me if you think I'm right.

What is happening? Can you give us an explanation to this simple question?

I hope I was clear enough and my request is not crazy. It was not in my intention to be offensive, malicious, or antagonistic.

Any ideas ?

With best regards,

Titus

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow