A question for those who have (or had) the SP-570....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,134Gear list
Like?
A question for those who have (or had) the SP-570....
7 months ago

Hello all...

I've been fortunate recently as I've managed to once again acquire either new or mint copies of several much treasured Olympus cameras.  For example, I recently wound up with a brand spankin' new C8080, and just a week ago won a bid on eBay for a mint (looks virtually new) SP-570 and with the bid ending during the middle of the day, managed to win it for only $81 USD.  I had both of these cameras years ago, but wound up selling them.  Of course, long after-the-fact, I realized that in looking back at the files I managed to acquire with both cameras, that I shouldn't have sold them.

OK enough with the reminiscing......

I can vaguely recall that somewhere there was a 3rd party filter adapter that was made for the SP-570 that allowed you to use a filter.  I know there are a variety of barrel tube adapters out there, but I'm looking for a filter ring adapter (if they even made one).

Also, I've seen various barrel tube adapters - some being a long one piece design that when attached, really only allowed you to use the full zoom, or it came in two pieces - one for the wide angle end of things, and when screwed together, only for the long end.  But is there one anywhere that is not too long and allows you to shoot at the wide end...up to the middle of things, without vignetting?

Anybody familiar with this?

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Canon PowerShot G12 +25 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow