Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,340Gear list
Like?
I cannot hear my RX10 making any sound while shooting
8 months ago

I turned off sound on my RX10, as I most definitely want to have a very quiet camera to work with.   However, I am finding that when taking photos out in the real world, I cannot hear ANY SOUND AT ALL coming from the camera.   This is true even when I am shooting using the EVF.

In my little DEN that I have in my house, where I have my office, I can take a photo, and hear a faint, low pitch sound coming from the camera.  But out in public, at events, whether indoor or outdoors, I cannot hear a single thing from it, even when the camera is right next to my head.

I'm also noticing that at events, people are not reacting to me hardly at all, compared to when I have my big Nikon D600 and 24-70mm f/2.8.  When I have my Nikon in my hands with its huge lens, people tend to stare at me.   But with the RX10, people barely seem to notice me.

Compared to when I use my Nikon, I almost feel like I am invisible.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Nikon D600 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow