Panasonic GM1 or Sony NEX-5T

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,719Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic GM1 or Sony NEX-5T
In reply to bigley Ling, 10 months ago

To me the grip on Sony NEX7 and NEX6 is the best grip in all mirrorless cameras (well that, and perhaps Panasonic G5 type of camera).  It is fat and square and in my hand it feels the best.  The NEX5 series grip is not as comfortable as it is too shallow for me to hold.   NEX6 just fits perfectly.   But then you start adding putting on Nex lenses and it become too large of a package for me to care to carry.  Fuji x lenses are done more elegantly and are better lenses.

I am looking at GM1 as well as my truly 'pocketable camera' with picture quality i can tolerate.    I can't fit my Fuji XE2 with any lens or my Olympus EM5 with any lens in my pocket.   What is stopping me is 1/50 Flash Xsync rate.  I live in sunny California.   I need that fill-in flash most days.   Also lack of viewfinder is a problem.   However I could overcome these if GM1 cost $299 or $399 (which you know it will be in 6 months time, with Panasonic's pattern of cameras quickly dropping in prices).  At $749, I feel, for me, this camera is overpriced for what it is.     Someone correctly pointed out and one can get a GX7 body for not much more.

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow