Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Looking fora GF3 upgrade
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Pana G5/Canon SL1 upgrade from the GF3?
Dec 17, 2013

Hi, I have owned the Panasonic GF3 for almost 1 year.   I take typical pictures of family related activities to include birthdays and other holiday events, school activities, and sports activities.  I use the 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 and the 45-200mm F4.0-5.6 lenses.  Many of them are are action photos and also sometimes indoors or night time sports under stadium lighting.  I am not an overly sophisticated photographer, but not totally ignorant.  I have not been able to consistantly take quality photos with this camera.

I do not have an unlimited budget, but I am looking to upgrade cameras.  Would it be worth it to upgrade to say a Panasonic G6 or the Canon SL1 or buy a really nice lens that will work?  The obvious advantage in staying with the Panasonic line would be the ability to use my current lenses and only buy a body.  My wife and I like the smaller MFT cameras vs. the SLRs for the ability to carry around without the bulk.

Any help or guidance on a new camera for better low light and action photos or just tips on getting the better with my GF3 would be appriciated.

Looking fora GF3 upgrade's gear list:Looking fora GF3 upgrade's gear list
Canon EOS 1200D
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow