Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Looking fora GF3 upgrade
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Pana G5/Canon SL1 upgrade from the GF3?
10 months ago

Hi, I have owned the Panasonic GF3 for almost 1 year.   I take typical pictures of family related activities to include birthdays and other holiday events, school activities, and sports activities.  I use the 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 and the 45-200mm F4.0-5.6 lenses.  Many of them are are action photos and also sometimes indoors or night time sports under stadium lighting.  I am not an overly sophisticated photographer, but not totally ignorant.  I have not been able to consistantly take quality photos with this camera.

I do not have an unlimited budget, but I am looking to upgrade cameras.  Would it be worth it to upgrade to say a Panasonic G6 or the Canon SL1 or buy a really nice lens that will work?  The obvious advantage in staying with the Panasonic line would be the ability to use my current lenses and only buy a body.  My wife and I like the smaller MFT cameras vs. the SLRs for the ability to carry around without the bulk.

Any help or guidance on a new camera for better low light and action photos or just tips on getting the better with my GF3 would be appriciated.

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow