difference between kit 14 and stand-alone 14?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcthom
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
difference between kit 14 and stand-alone 14?
7 months ago

Hi all,

I am one of those amateur photographers who usually get made fun of on fora like these, but at least I'm not pretentious about it

I am always chasing better or more gear to compensate for my lack of talent, and have no problem blowing money in order to look stylish. Photography is just a hobby to me and I get no enjoyment out of looking like a soccer mom.

I.e. I ignored the EM-5 for no other reason than its witch cap, went for the GX7 over the E-P5 mainly due to the latter having that ugly EVF tumor (thus giving up amazing IBIS in the process) and actually sold my silver 45/1.8 and 20/1.7 mk I in order to buy back black(er) at a net loss.

Due to this shallowness about my gear's looks, I've always ignored the 14/2.5. It has that same ugly silver band as the 20/1.7 mk I but, unlike the original 20 or the silver 45, it has no truly stand out properties that could make me get over myself.

While I was randomly looking at m43 lenses on Ebay, I noticed that some listings pictured a fully black version of the 14/2.5. I tried to look up info online but couldn't find out more about this.

Can anyone confirm that fully black versions of the Panny 14 exist? And would I be correct to assume that the kit versions would be all black and the stand-alones have that silver band? Or is the difference more random than that, perhaps region-based even.

Are there other differences, i.e. a plastic mount for the kit versus a metal mount for the stand-alone?

I know from years of lurking that I will get very helpful responses so thank you in advance already. You guys rock!

mcthom's gear list:mcthom's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
ANSWER:
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow