Panasonic GM1 beware sensor spots

Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monashee Junior Member • Posts: 32
Panasonic GM1 beware sensor spots

I purchased a NIB GM1 from a local retailer. When I got it home I did the F22 blank wall picture to test the sensor for flaws as I always do. The sensor had 2 black irregular shaped blotches each being several pixels in size. I did the in-camera sensor clean function and another in-camera function called 'pixel reset' or something like that, can't remember. I used my rocket blower in hopes that would dislodge the marks. No Luck. This is my first 4/3 camera so I didn't have sensor swabs to do a good cleaning. So I took it back and exchanged for another. The second GM1 had 5 of these marks on the sensor. I tried all of the above, no luck. I purchased a 4/3 sensor cleaning kit and gave that a go. No luck. So I took that one back and got my money back.

IMO these marks are not dust nor anything else that can be removed. I am wondering if there was a production problem with this batch of sensors.

Dang! I was so looking forward to getting that little camera out ski touring.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
Trk
Trk
Trk
Trk
Trk
Trk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow