ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tyke2989
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
Barcelona's Sagrada Familia
7 months ago

Hello Everyone

Ive just got back from Barcelona and wanted to share some of the beauty of the city.The last time I went I wanted so much to go in Gaudi's master piece but the queue was over 800 meters long and several hours so we gave it a miss. Learnt from that and booked on line so no queues this time. An amazing place and my photos certainly cannot do it justice.The light inside is amazing with all the stain glass windows.The attention to detail is so stiking, everything about the place is thought out.The height can be no higher that the nearest mountain, as Gods work should be greater than mans.Cannot remember all the details but the 18 spires are because of the 12 apostles and 4 saints, forget the other two.It is still under going construction and will not be completed before 2026. If you look at the exterior walls and see all the detail its stunning.Each time I looked up I saw something different.

I have put in a selection of photos.The converging verticles are a pain, but there is little you can do to stop it when you are looking up.

The stair case is a from the hotel hotel espania, a art deco style, and great place to stay.The two shots of the door and curved arches are from a house Gaudi designed.Everything inside at the time it was built was made of curved lines, the tour of the place was enlightening to how his mind worked.

hope you like them.

ken

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow