Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Goldberger
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
SP-820UZ
10 months ago

I became the owner of this camera at the weekend.

In the UK the price is currently very good. My final choice all at this price level was this camera, SZ-31, SZ-16 and Canon Ixus 255/330 The SP-820 had slightly better expert reviews than the SZ-31 and a longer zoom. The Canon has a 10x zoom and as I have a Pany 10x I left it although IQ is apparently very good. The SZ-16 has good IQ but there is a question mark as to whether the sensor is backlit. Oly says no, so I left it.

I have taken many test photos and IQ is good. Although PP can always improve IQ my view is that for most purposes this is not necessary. There are several shooting modes, most overlap. I have not noticed any difference in IQ using different modes although P mode could be useful to control ISO and WB. So far I have not altered exposure compensation. Video is very good. Magic filters are fun. I like dramatic, drawing and mirror.

The camera is easy to use. However, when zooming in there is camera shake especially in super zoom. A tripod is needed but not always convenient to carry around.

I think this camera is worth considering,  especially at its current price.

Here are a few samples. Please bear in mind these are test shots taken on a dullish day and not necessarily of gallery quality. None have been PP.

Dramatic Filter

Olympus Stylus SP-820UZ
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow