ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nperdue
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Canon S110 or Fuji XF1
11 months ago

Hello Everyone,

Last minute Christmas shopping for a gift for my wife. She has a DSLR that she uses for most of her photography needs, but likes to keep a point and shoot with us for impromptu photos. More specifically, we have twin toddlers and have found ourselves leaving the DSLR at home when taking trips to the Zoo or when shooting photos at family gatherings.

Her previous point and shoot (Nikon S220) died a little while ago and we have mostly been using our phones to capture moments when our DSLR is at home. I would like to get her a point and shoot to take with us for outings wherein the subject(s) would usually be our children and photos would either be indoors with low light of people, or some outdoors photos (not many requiring much zoom).

A side note, our kids have very light blue eyes and red eye is an issue with lesser quality cameras that we have used (e.g. those in our phones), so something that performs well when photographing faces would be ideal.

My wife has taken a few photography classes and has learned quite a bit of the basics regarding photography, so I thought a camera with the option to do things like shoot in raw or with manual focus would be a fun option for her; however, it still needs to be user friendly.

Given that this is a last minute Christmas add on, I am hoping to keep it around $200 and right now the S110 and the fuji XF1 are both $199.

Does anyone have a strong opinion for one or the other of these two options for the above applications?

Canon PowerShot S110 Fujifilm XF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow