Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jblann1
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
7D vs 60D vs T5i... Which to start?
4 months ago

I am getting ready to limp back into photography.  I have some primes (85 F1.8 and such), but need a camera that will work for portraiture until I can invest more.

In my research, I have come determined that I could get either the 7D, 60D, or t5i...  Here is how I feel about it...

I would normally say the I need the build on the 7D with its features, but it is old tech, relatively speaking, and the T5i has the newer Digic 5.  The 60D would be the cheapest for me to get into, but I keep hearing that it isn't really that great of a camera.

So, that leaves me between the 7D & T5i...  I know they are both crop cameras, but I think I would like the feel of the 7D better (more of a prosumer level), along with camera operation.  I have played with a T5i and can function it well (I shoot in manual), but it feels cheaper...

This is, hopefully, a temporary situation until I can get some money together for a better body.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow