Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wolfkc
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
70D best depth of field in low light?
9 months ago

I'm going to be taking pictures of christmas lights tonight. I may try some low depth of field shots but while walking down the trail of lights with friends, generally i'm going to want max depth of field with enough speed to avoid shake. I'm thinking i could just use P and the front dial to adjust the set.

But am I overlooking a way to use T mode that I should try? For example T with the minimum shutter speed that I think will avoid shake? I cant think of a good way to use Aperture mode in this situation (except when i get to stop for a special low depth of field shot of course).

I'm also thinking HDR is not the way to go with christmas lights. I will shoot RAW and try out my new DXO Prime noise reduction and follow up with Lightroom.

How about flash settings for people in the foreground. I think reduced flash exposure? What about 2nd curtain? How do flash settings work with live view? Does 2nd curtain even apply in live view?

Wolfkc's gear list:Wolfkc's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow