Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Impressed nikon convert
Dec 17, 2013

So after battling with nikon quality control, I finally made the switch to canon. I currently own a 6D and the 40mm 2.8 pancake lens. The 100 2.8L macro is waiting to be picked up by me at an amazon locker today so cant wait to get my hands on that.

Anyway, yesterday I did a studio shoot with the 6D. I paired the 6D with my Ipad which worked very well except I found it kind of annoying because the wi-fi on the ipad would revert back to my home network if the camera sat idle for a while. I would need to go back into the ipad and re-connect to the camera and disconnect from my homes wifi. Any way to correct this?

I used the canon Digital photo professional to convert my images to jpegs. I did this so that my wife could pick the photos she wanted me to edit and use. I would normally use my desktop but I was tired so I pulled out the laptop and installed the canon software. The conversion took forever!!! Each raw file would feel like an eternity. The laptop is older but when I use CS6 on it, it runs fine so I would think this would have ran a lot faster. The specs on the laptop are: Intel celeron 900 @ 2.20ghz 2.0 GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I had no other programs open or running. I may have to try this on the desktop since that is much newer and more powerful. The nikon cnx2 software also ran fine on this laptop. Any ideas?

As far as the 6D images wow!!! looking at the untouched jpegs, they are sharp and beautiful. The colors look great and I dont even need to use the zoom feature in windows image viewer to check for focus The images just pop. I have not even played with my raw settings yet.

The 6D center focus point worked extremely well. I mean not a single hesitation or hunt during the entire shoot. Coming from a D600, I was expecting a drop in AF ability but all the reports about the center focus point are true. My D600 would hunt at times when no area of contrast was obvious to it or in a bit of lower light but the 6D was on point. I took a series of shots where the center focus point fell on the area of the subjects pail skin on her arm and the camera did not hunt!!! It grabbed focus which just was amazing.

I am very happy with my decision to switch and will be picking up the 5D mark III also. Just waiting on my from my nikon gear.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DPPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow