Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M J Cutler
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
Helping a Friend at Xmas 5DMKiii or 6D
Dec 17, 2013

I have a friend who would like to buy her husband an upgrade for his 5D Mk ii.

She is looking at purchasing a 5D Mk iii but i have a couple of questions.

Her husband is not a pro photographer but has shot a wedding or two.  He has a range of full frame Canon lenses and I see no point in him changing to another brand.

I know that the 6D only has 4.5 fps and 11 AF points, I have also read the DP review of the mushy jpeg detail even at low iso on the 5D mark iii review and with the age of the 5D mark iii, I am assuming a Mark iv is not on the immediate horizon!!.

my question which i would appreciate your input on is, if her husband is looking to upgrade his mk ii 5D, which he will still keep as a second body, does he really need to go for the mark iii or would the newer 6D still count as a very good upgrade, especially in relation to the Digic processor and ability to shoot at higher iso with less noise?  what would he be missing out on for the extra £1000 that it costs to get the mark iii 5D.

He does have a number of compact flash cards and i know the 6D is SD only, I am not au faix with compact flash as far as whether it still offers a better product as opposed to SD.

your help would be appreciated and merry christmas to everyone.

Mark

M J Cutler's gear list:M J Cutler's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow