Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Timj351
Senior MemberPosts: 1,807
Like?
Santa holding a child with LX7
7 months ago

This shot is one of my favorites from this weekend's Christmas party. A couple of people were taking shots with their Canon Rebels and kit lens using the on-camera flash and I'm sure they were quite happy with their results, but I personally dislike using flash, if I can help it, and I was quite pleased with the results from my LX7, without flash and fast lens. It wasn't real dark and the highest ISO I needed was 400 on the shots taken from a distance and zoomed in. I was very happy with the naturalness of the images and was happy not dealing with reflections in eyeglasses or shadows directly behind subjects. I'm still working on my shooting and editing techniques with this camera and this provided a great practice session leading up to Christmas with my family.

Anyways, I just wanted to share a photo with everyone that I feel depicts a jolly holiday spirit. Presented here at full size, shot in Raw and processed in PS CS6.

Merry Christmas!

-Tim

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow