Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FredCDobbs
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Sony RX100m2 design problem
Dec 17, 2013

Just got a RX100 and the camera takes great pix. I like the very high quality images. I bought it in spite of the lack of a finger hold on the right hand side of the camera. In my opinion it is far to smooth and lacking in any topographical griping surface. I don't know how you omit such an important feature on such an expensive camera when a drop would be catastrophic.

I added the Sony glue on rubber grip enhancement because it seemed to have the most texture and gripability.  (To coin a never to ever be used again word) It was also the least expensive. I now feel fairly secure holding the camera and always use the wrist strap for the belt and suspenders solution.

Sony should redesign the camera body covering to provide this grip or failing that, to admit the mistake by including the ten cent piece of rubber in the box with the $750 camera. It's a bit of an insult to pay an additional $15 to correct a moronic design flaw.

A triumph of style over engineering.

FredCDobbs's gear list:FredCDobbs's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-7 +1 more
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow