Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,234Gear list
Like?
No FZ250 and no Canon Sx60hs
7 months ago

We FZ200 owners have all been waiting for a replacement for the FZ200, which we have named the FZ250, who knows what Panasonic will call it, if it ever does replace the FZ200. Usually, within a month to 6 weeks after Panasonic announces its new FZ camera, Canon comes up with its replacement superzoom. Last year it was the SX50hs and before that the SX40hs then the SX30hs. This year there has been no announcement from Canon at all on their best selling superzoom. I have seen blogs that indicate they will release one at a Consumer Electronics Show 7-10 January, maybe so maybe not. Its intriguing that neither Panasonic nor Canon released an updated version of their top bridge cameras this year. Must be a conspiracy. Ha!

The reason I was interested, is that if there is no new Panasonic FZ200 replacement, then I was keen to see what Canon might come up with, after all, they have lost the greatest zoom title to the FZ70, although both go to the equivalent of 1200mm. Will they come out with an even bigger zoom? Zoom sells. What about aperture? Nobody can answer these questions yet, except some of the people who work for Canon. Its frustrating enough that we don't get anything at all from Panasonic (not counting the FZ70, as its not the FZ200's replacement) and we don't get anything from one of its main competitors. It will be interesting to see which way Canon go with their new camera, if it ever comes out, just like the FZ250.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow