Fuji X vs Nikon FX, please help in deciding.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jon Ingram
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Fuji X vs Nikon FX, please help in deciding.
8 months ago

Ok, so here is the deal. A big part of me really wants to make the jump to Fuji-X over Nikon FX technology. The lenses look really high quality, the sensors seem nearly as good as Nikon FX and the system looks very light and compact in general. Most of my serious photography is backpacking and mountaineering, but I also do some paid event gigs throughout the year, usually less than ten. Also, I now have a toddler so I’m constantly snapping pictures of him nowadays so AF needs to keep up.

My problem is that I can probably only afford to invest big money on one system. Right now it’s full frame Nikon FX. I would love to switch to Fuji due to the lightness which would be awesome for my backpacking, but that would mean selling my Nikon equipment. The main things keeping me back from Fuji are the auto-focus speed for when I want to do an event or when I want to capture some photos of my toddler.

Has anybody had experience with both systems? Should I wait for the third generation of Fuji before jumping ship? All feedback much appreciated, especially form anyone who has used both systems. Thanks!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow