Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
valenterio
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
The perfect MFT camera?
8 months ago

I don't think there is a perfect camera out there yet FOR MY NEEDS but I think the MFTs are getting close.  If I could design a camera that would suit my needs I would grab some features from just about every camera out there.

1) A fully articulating LCD - not a flip down. Articulating is easier when shooting vertically at low angles.

2)  The bracketing of my Canon 70D. It brackets up to 7 shots @ +/- 3EV.

3)  It also brackets automatically when the timer is set! A HUGE convenience that eliminates the need to carry a remote cable release.  (I wish my Oly EM-1 had that)

4) The easy manual white balance that most cameras have. For some reason, Canon doesn't want to let go of their archaic method of manual white balance. Don't know why. Thankfully, most cameras including the OM-1 has a great manual white balance feature. Quick and easy.

5)  A larger sensor that would give me better high ISO.

6)  The ability to save more custom settings. The Oly has 4. I would LOVE just 1 or 2 more!! I'm greedy!

7)  Lose all those silly "scene modes" How many people really use them? I've never used any of them.

I sold my Canon Mark III and Nikon D800 because they were way too heavy for this 72 year old photographer.  I now have a Canon 70D with 10-22 and Oly EM-1 with 9-18 & 12-40. I shoot architectural and LOVE the weight of the Oly. Sadly, I keep the Canon only because I get great night shots at ISO 1000 that I cannot get with the Oly.

Any other features that folks out there would like to see? Maybe some smart camera exec will see this and pay attention for once.

valenterio's gear list:valenterio's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 70D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow