Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jasimpson
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Panasonic GM1 or Sony NEX-5T
10 months ago

So for weeks now I have been googling and reading reviews and I was set on getting on sony nex-3N as my first mirrorless camera, and then I walked into the shop and saw the GM1 and  I was taken back by its size and features. In doing so I thought I would upgrade my budget and see if the GM1 was really worth the asking price. I really like the size of the GM1 and the touch to focus and the wifi.

So my question is what you would you advise? I am drawn the NEX-5T because of its bigger sensor really and its signifcantly cheaper.

Just a little bit of background about myself. I have never owned a DSLR or mirrorless camera before. I thought I would invest my money in something better than a point and shoot which might last me a while. Low light performance is reasonably key for me as I would think I would take pictures mostly at family events and outings. Also production of video clips again is reasonably import. Size is important to me which is why I gravitated towards these two, I think I could just about stuff the GM1 into my jean pocket but I realise that I most probably will end using a neck strap, although it would be preferable to have something that was pocketable. On side note, I probably would start using this on walks with the dog etc for nature/wildlife shots and maybe some astro photogrpahy with my Meade reflector (if I ever get round to it) but these are things I wouldn't do to often so aren't as important. Basically I am looking for a camera thats a good travel companion and a pretty good all rounder.

Thank you in advance for all your help

James

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow