Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gary stepic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,280Gear list
Like?
Thinking of selling my D800 and going to a four thirds system
7 months ago

I can't believe I am actually considering this, but it may be a practical move. I also have the D7100 and probably would keep this along with my 70-200 for sports. I would also keep the camera for weddings, portraits and event photography. I am thinking of selling my D800, 24-120 4.0, and 16-35 4.0 Nikon lenses. I would probably get the Nikon DX 16-85 lens to pair with the D7100.

I would love to use the 4/3 system for travel and hiking as well as movies. I have had a dream of selling gallery type prints, which is why I bought the D800, but am not leaning on photos that I can still sell, but in smaller sizes, and mainly for blog posts. I am hoping the D7100 can still do a nice job for prints up to 20x30.

I am leaning toward the Panasonic G3 for the video quality. I would like to do more video on my travels. I want something that holds up under bad weather. I may even get a second 4/3rds body, so when I travel I can carry two smaller bodies compared to D800/D7100 and smaller lenses. I will be asking a lot of questions so hopefully this is the correct forum for this. I mainly want to be reassured the smaller system would still be good for landscapes.

Gary

gary stepic's gear list:gary stepic's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow