Long Lens --- How much would you pay?

Started Dec 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
cainn24
Senior MemberPosts: 2,691Gear list
Like?
Re: Long Lens --- How much would you pay?
In reply to Tom Gross, Dec 16, 2013

Tom Gross wrote:

There have been numerous threads and comments here by people desiring a longer prime lens for wildlife, especially bird photography. I don't know if Olympus or Panasonic read this forum, but if they do, perhaps if enough of us are willing to pay the necessary price, they might consider it.

I personally would gladly pay $1,500 - $2,000 for a 300mm f4.0 or 400mm f5.6. These are similar prices that Canon and Nikon charge for such lenses.

I would I pay this price because I would then be able to sell all my Canon gear, including a 500mm f4.5 (non IS) and 100-400mm zoom. This would reduce my camera bag weight substantially and make bird photography more enjoyable.

To be perfectly honest, although I'd like to say that I'd pony up that kind of dough (and occasionally do when I get excited) I'm not sure I would. $1000 would probably be my limit. And with that sort of budget, I guess I just have to hope that someone like Sigma comes to the rescue.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow