Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike concannon
Regular MemberPosts: 142
Like?
Probably will not buy a D400 now, D300 just so good
9 months ago

I have been using my D300 for years now professionally. Ave. 50 weddings a year before the tiger went away. I use nothing but my d300.
I know that most of you have invested (disposed of your cash) into the full frame (35mm full frame) format because Nikon have told you that this is where they are going and this is where you should be following. ( I do think that the 24/ 70 handles horribly with its front heavy C of G compared to the DX equivalent)
I started off not making the move because I wasgoing to wait for the d400, now I would not  move to the d400 when it comes out, because I have come to appreciate that the d300 does everything that i need it to, with beautiful colour and flesh tones.
Iv just photographed a brochure for a kitchen worktop company who are number one in europe, their graphic designer said, "shots are fantastic, couldn't ask for better"
Just putting a wedding album together now and looking at the picture quality I can honestly say, "what more could I ask for"
I know that less noisy use of slightly higher iso would be welcome, but apart from that, the d400 is going to have to be something really special to make me buy. And when it is available, the biggest topic of these forums will be, the colours are not like the d300 this and that and the other, are not like on the d300
Were already there, we have what we need, learn how to get the maximum out of the camera.

Tip one, check your focus fine tune.
If anybody wants tip 2 pleaseput a post up to this message. I will then know that there are afew people that want the best from this wonderful camere that they already own!

Nikon D300 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow