Started Jun 4, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Turkoman
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
10D Lens Choice Question
Jun 4, 2003

I will be getting a new 10D and I need some help regarding the choice of lenses. This will be my first SLR. I have had the Minolta Dimage 7i before. I have pretty much decided on the 28-135 EF IS as my main lens. I would also like to get a second lens for high-quality indoor portraits and picturing the family members etc as well as some better landscape shots. I will eventually get a lighting kit and a background as well. What would be the best lens for this purpose?

28mm/f1.8- I am inclined to get this because I feel that the higher focal length due to the 1.6 multiplier of the 10D would limit my shots (such as full length/body shots) when shooting in a small room.

50 mm/f1.4- I like the aperture but have concerns about the 80 mm focal length in smaller spaces

35 mm/f1.4L- I like this the best but obviously it is costly. Would this be too much for a newbie for the above purpose? Should I buy one of the former and upgrade later or should I buy this as a long term investment?

Help would be appreciated!

AFS

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow