Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,221Gear list
Like?
Re: Richard Franiec GM1 grip?
In reply to Zensu11, 10 months ago

Zensu11 wrote:

snack wrote:

I emailed Richard Franiec to see if he might have a grip in the works for this model, or if it was possible that one of his other grips happens to fit the GM1. He said he would look into it. Perhaps if other folks requested this he might be inclined to produce one.

His grips have always been perfect, IMO.

It took a short time to gather good demand feedback via Emails from GM1 users. Some time ago I've purchased the camera to get better feel to it and understanding for your queries.

The conclusion could only be one: GM1 will have my very special, dedicated, uncompromised grip.

I've used two of Franiec's grips on two cameras and they made both cameras much more secure to hold (IMHO). Franiec's grips are lightweight metal and others are plastic. I think the metal holds up (looks better) after extended use. I guess he's waiting to determine if there will be much demand for a grip?

In my opinion cameras like GM1 really deserves the best quality accessories (material and design) to seamlessly blend into the whole package with the right balance of aesthetics and utility. Aircraft grade aluminum alloy was my material of choice and it will be in case of GM1 grip.

RF

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow