Is anyone sick of Lightroom color rendition?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael Gebauer
Regular MemberPosts: 291
Like?
Camera Profiles will be your friends
In reply to Joe Tam, 9 months ago

Joe Tam wrote:

Hi,

I have been using Lightroom since v1. In March 2013 I started using Capture One 7 because of issues with color rendition on the Nikon D4 with Lightroom. I just wasn't getting the right color rendition even when Lightroom 5 came out. (The beta 3/4 profiles for d3 and D700 by Eric Chan helped out with output on those cameras)

Switching to C1 Pro 7 was a godsend. Stuff looked great right off the bat. Skin tones looked wonderful. Even compared to my Lightroom images with Colorchecker Passport custom profiles and white balance. I had to do very little to my files.

Are you getting great color rendition with D4(or other newer cameas) on Lightroom 5? I really

I just got the Panasonic GX7 with 12-24mm olympus lens and under Kino lights the JPG's looked fantastic but with Colorchecker custom profile and white balance the Lightroom images looked lame. I can't use C1 Pro 7 because it doesn't support GX7 files yet.

Just wondering if the same thing is happening to you?

I love the adjustment tools in LR but just frustrated with the color.

Color rention in Lightroom is superb, if you use the right camera profiles. Using Colorchecker passport is the easiest way to create optimal camera profiles and have a consistent color rendition. If you use different camera bodies this will help you to achieve consistent results across these bodies & brands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hN6TzXdbNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdWaaagcfQ

Kind regards

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow