Is Thom Hogan correct?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Thom Hogan correct?
In reply to golf1982, 9 months ago

golf1982 wrote:

Should the DF have been a D4 sensor in a D 800 body? With 8 ish FPS and D800 price?

I am inclined to say yes as that would make an incredible combo, but the DF body is not one for me, and i appreciate others will love it. It just seems like a missed opportunity to me.

You do realize the increased frame rates means vastly increased risk the vibration caused by when the entire mirror mechanism slams up against the padded stopper, then slams back again against the other stopper, causes vibration and risks negatively impacting (pun intended) on the image, especially on these extreme MP count cams. That's why mirror up shooting is becoming more popular ... out of sheer necessity to avoid blurred images.

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new here but as more people demand higher frame rates they need to realize the insane challenge manufacturers are up against due to them having to engineer a system to stop large chunks of physical mechanisms dead in its tracks twice during a single shutter button depress.

This was actually one of the many reasons why I shoot mirrorless now. I get the benefit of decent MP count without any vibration at all.

C'mon Nikon, give us a decent mirrorless cam perhaps with a Fuji X-Trans sensor and create the perfect wedding/people camera.

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
noNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow