Fotodiox Thumb Grip for GX7 - get yours now!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birk Binnard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,650
Like?
Fotodiox Thumb Grip for GX7 - get yours now!
4 months ago

What an amazing addition/improvement!

Based on a posting I saw here I ordered mine from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D62VZBW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The grip virtually transforms the camera (no, this is not hyperbole!) - not only does it make the camera rock-steady when held, it totally enables single-hand shooting - even with my Panasonic original/heavy 14-140 lens.  Here are some notes about the grip:

1. It replaces the black plastic hotshoe cover that ships with the GX7 and attaches with no tools or set screws.

2. The grip is black (as is my GX7) and when attached there are no nasty shiny parts showing.

3. Even with the Panasonic add-on eyecup installed (which I have and also highly recommend) the grip installs with just slightly more than moderate pressure.  Once installed it will clearly not ever fall out or off.

4. As I noted, the grip is a huge improvement in handling comfort and feel.  I was really surprised at how much nicer the camera is to hold with the grip installed.

5. The grip does NOT interfere with the popup flash or the MF/AF/AE Lock control.

6. The grip does NOT interfere with the flip-up EVF.

7. The grip appears to be made from powder-coated machined aluminum and is very light weight.  It has no effect on the camera balance.

I know there are other grips available on EBay for 1/3 to 1/2 the price of this one but I would not want to risk them.  This one is just perfect.

-- hide signature --

Birk Binnard
www.birkbinnard.com/photography;

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow