B&W portrait -- A3000 + 16-70

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
UnderDriven
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052Gear list
Like?
Re: Are you able to manual focus...
In reply to Gato Amarillo, 11 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

I think a person with good eyesight could learn to manual focus the A3000, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

My intent would be indoor studio use with legacy macro lenses. It's tempting to try something this inexpensive, but I'd probably be frustrated by it in the end...

Focus peaking helps, but what it actually does is highlight the highest contrast edges -- which may or may not be where you are trying to focus.

Yes, I have peaking on my A57. It is useful, but I'm not sure how well it would work with a low-resolution LCD. Also, I wouldn't like the fixed LCD on the A3000 so I should just forget about it. If Sony had included an HDMI output I would have got one and used an external LCD monitor...

-- hide signature --

“The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!” --Henri Cartier-Bresson

UnderDriven's gear list:UnderDriven's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow