GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Runnicle
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
Re: GXR Lenses, lensors & Misc.
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 7 months ago

Tom, as always thanks for the tips.  I'll be experimenting and growing into the GXR M-mount over time.  Because of its multiple applications and facets, the GXR takes a long time to learn in full, particularly considering the fact that each lensor unit is in effect its own camera.

I find this forum invaluable as an educational tool, and I'd also like to recommend to every one's attention another resource that to me represents the equivalent of a graduate-level course in GXR's M-mount.  I am referring to Michael Reichmann's "Field Notes" on the M-mount that he wrote way back when this lensor unit was first introduced.

His comments are particularly valuable, I feel, because of his half-century as a photographer during which he used every Leica camera system except for one (the M-6).  So, when he talks about how GXR stacks up against M8 or M9, you feel as if you are getting the benefit of a truly expert and informed opinion.  Also, at the end of his long treatise on the M-module he links to another LL article on the GXR by Sean Reid.  Here's the link to Reichmann's article for those who may never have read it:

M. Reichmann's article on GXR-M

Runnicle's gear list:Runnicle's gear list
Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 Sony SLT-A57 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow