X-E2 - another review and jpeg DR observations ...

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,650Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2 - another review and jpeg DR observations ...
In reply to Kq77, Dec 13, 2013

Kq77 wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

Hi, since you own the X-E2 and previously used an X-E1 why are you asking us to tell you IQ comparisons. Who cares what one poorly executed Internet test claimed. You could also quote the dozens of reputable reviews that say the X-E2 jpegs are the best in any camera. Again, who cares?

As I wrote "It's to early to have my own observarations ..." For sure, I will have it in near future, but now I wanted to share with you how others compare X-E2 to X-E1 and what conclusions they have .

You have the camera, read the manual, adjust the defaults, take some pictures and look at them.

OK, I will read the manual (I knew I've forgot something ;-).

Sal

BTW. The review as a whole is very positive to the XE-2

BR,

Kriss

One thing regarding DR is VERY different between the E1 and E2. When set to AutoDR, the E1 will fairly quickly move to DR400 in a contrasty situation while the E2 will remain at DR200 for the SAME light/subject. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure you can get the E2 to move beyond DR200 on the Auto setting.

SO... if DR Auto was turned on for both tests, the E1 could be using a different DR setting than the E2.

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow