Is A7R better for legacy manual focus lenses than A7?

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Questions thread
GXRuser
Contributing MemberPosts: 656
Like?
Re: Is A7R better for legacy manual focus lenses than A7?
In reply to Miki Nemeth, Dec 13, 2013

Miki Nemeth wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

I have both RF and SLR lenses, with the A7, and so far, I have not been disappointed - in context of items 1 and 2 above.

If dpreview ever got around to fixing the upload problems, I can post some images, right now I can only upload thumbnails....

Dear Henry,

Again, a great pleasure to read your comments.

It would be great to find a way to see your photos. I have ordered these E-mount no-electronics converters: Canon FD, Nikon F (for AI/AIS/AF-S D), Olympus OM, Olympus PEN, Leica M and Minolta MD. I am interested only in lenses that have dedicated aperture ring.

Which of these are regarded Range-Finder lenses?

All the Best and Thank You,

Miki

NONE of the listed lenses other than Leica M are rangefinder lenses.

All of the lenses except the Leica M mount lenses are designed with a longer flange distance to allow the lens to mount ahead of a mirror. These lenses are "telecentric" design. The light reaches the digital sensor closer to perpendicular and there is less "smearing" and chromatic aberration to magenta.

There will be some very good lenses for all of these mounts.

The Olympus OM and PEN will be the most compact. There may be vignetting with the PEN lenses since they were designed for half frame. Pentax M (K mount) lenses are also compact.

For the A7, I would not use lenses wider than 35mm in Leica M mount. I would stick to other mounts for wider lenses.

Good Luck.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow