Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Astrophotographer 10
Senior MemberPosts: 4,615Gear list
Like?
Re: Uncompromised Landscape Lens for A7R?
In reply to DavieK, 8 months ago

Contax g 45mm F2 will be hard to beat. Use panorama mode on the A7r:

Contax G 45mm F2 panorama mode camera in portrait orientation around F5.6 or 8 on an A7R 1/500th sec

I set it to auto ISO, shutter speed minimally to 1/500th  or 1/1000th, F5.6 to F8 (many lenses seem to be at optimum around F5.6). Camera in portrait orientation and panorama direction set to suit this and regular size panorama selected. Do an even sweep and make sure you are well balanced. Its quite easy really. But if there is an object close to you it may cause stitching errors from parrallax errors and cause a stutter in the lines.

The above was manually focused using focus peaking and magnified view to tweak the final focus. There is no shutter or motion blur and it was handheld (I was sitting on a motorcycle when I took it!).

The Contax G 45mm F2 is my favourite lens on the A7R so far. It seems good at everything and its give great colour even indoors and portraits. Its very small and compact and has a beautiful finish.

Greg.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow