Will my NEX go the same way as my R1?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
UnderDriven
Senior MemberPosts: 1,052Gear list
Like?
Re: UnderDriven, the 5R with the EVF, in my opinion, is as close as Sony has come to
In reply to Karsten Meyer, 10 months ago

Karsten Meyer wrote:

I would never again buy a camera with a display like the Panasonic G models have. Why? You need much too much time to open it for usage. So I find my NEX-5R almost the best solution: I can open it with a snip of my finger. So I have taken some pictures while a Panasnic user is still fiddling with his display.

For what I shoot I have plenty of time--everyone has different needs...

I guess the Panasonic type of display is only working for people who use mostly the finder.

Most of my work is on a tripod, using the LCD. I sometimes need to stand to the side of the tripod, so I like an LCD that has lots of movement...

And about an R1 successor: I can't imagine a design which has a big(!) display on top of the camera. Yes, there had been such designs - I think of the cameras with the joint where the part with the lens is swivelling. But can someone imagine such a beast with a changeable lens?

It's not that it was on top, but that it was fully articulated. I agree that it is highly unlikely we will ever see an LCD on top of the camera again...

Btw: The biggest advantage of the R1 in comparison with my NEX for me is the ability to use it totally silent. So for me the R10 might be a decent successor of the R1.

That is important for some people, but in my case the sound doesn't matter. The RX10 may be a good camera for some people, although the sensor is very small. But if you want an all-in-one camera the RX10 may be the solution...

-- hide signature --

“The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!” --Henri Cartier-Bresson

UnderDriven's gear list:UnderDriven's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD14 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow